Engineering 6806 Demo 1
The first demo will take place in EN3076, Thursday Oct. 11 starting at
2:00 pm. The procedures are as follows:
- All robots are to be delivered to EN3076 for sequestering at 2:00 pm.
You will not be able to access your robot while the demo is going on.
- The order of groups will be randomly selected at the demonstration
- We will conduct two rounds of demos, if necessary. Each round will
proceed as follows:
- A starting location will be selected on the floor between 5 and 12
feet (1.5 and 3.66 m) from the walls (ahead and to the left).
- The robot is to be placed on the floor in the vicininty of the starting
location (you can choose the precise alignment and orientation).
- The robot must advance towards the first wall, turn left 90 degrees and
advance towards the second wall. (Note that motion towards each wall
and a 90 degree left turn are required components of the demonstration.)
- The robot must then report the measured distance from the starting
location to each of the walls.
- Each team will be given two attempts to to complete the demonstration
- Each attempt is time limited to 5 minutes.
- We will take the best score (of a possible four attempts), as follows:
|Moving forward to first wall||3|
|Left turn 90 degree and moving to second wall||3|
|Reporting distance to first wall (<= 0.25m
|Reporting distance to second wall (<= 0.25m
|Touching with a wall||-2|
back to 6806 homepage
$Date: 2007-08-17 15:43:16 -0230 (Fri, 17 Aug 2007) $ ($Revision: 72 $)
by $Author: dpeters $.