Software Engineering 7893 Simulator Verification Plan
Due 1700 (5 p.m.) Monday June 14, 2004
The simulator verification plan is intended to detail your plan for testing
of a simulator. (Note: Your plan should be applicable to any
simulator as specified, not just your team's design.) There is no
required format, but it should contain the following information:
Optionally you may include code for your test harness and/or test cases,
but please don't print the code -- only submit it in the electronic
- Discussion of the structure of your testing (you may choose to use more
than one approach).
- What harnesses/stubs will be required, their responsibilities and
design. If you plan to use JUnit then explain, for each TestCase extension,
the fixture and the nature of the setUp and tearDown methods.
- A list of test case outlines. These need not give specific values
but rather should characterize the values that you intend to use. For
example you might say something like the following (this assumes that the
harness sets up the simulator to run in test mode and initializes a game):
Test case: Check straight movement.
- Place a player near the west edge of the field, centered on the
north-south axis and pointing due east.
- Set the player's acceleration to maximum.
- Poll the player position (
all?) until the elapsed time is
≥ 60 seconds.
- Check that the player position is within tolerable drift (25cm/s) of
|xf = xi + 25 + (t-5000)/100|
|yf = yi |
You are to submit a hard
copy (i.e., printed on paper, but don't bind it -- I need to copy it for
the TA, one of those folders with the pressure clip works well) document
office by the deadline above. Also please submit an electronic copy of the
document, including any code, using Websubmit.
Back to 7893 homepage
Fri 2004.06.04 at 14:05 NDT
by Dennis Peters