I make files available in several printable formats, as follows.
To download files in
- .ps: Postscript (can be printed on the printer in C-CAE,
EN-3020. For more details on how, check here.)
Also can be viewed/printed using
- .ps.gz: Gzipped Postscript, typically less than 25% of the size,
but you'll need to unzip it before you print it.
- .pdf: Portable document format (can be printed/viewed using
Note that, probably due to the conversion process, PDF files are sometimes
much larger than (as much as 10 times) the corresponding Postscript.
- .pdf.gz: Gzipped PDF
- Netscape: Shift+click on link
- MS Internet Explorer: Right click and choose "Save target as".
Bugs and Fixes
- Acroread fails with an error message about "document too complex".
- Save the document to your disk first (see above), then open it in
Acroread outside the browser.
- Some browsers remove the '
.gz' from the gzipped file names
when they save them.
- If you download a gzipped version, but get a file
without the '
.gz' extension then you'll need to rename the
file to something
.gz before unzipping it.
back to Dennis Peters' homepage
Mon 1999.01.11 at 11:51 NST
by Dennis Peters