Selected Areas in Cryptography
The 23rd Conference on Selected Areas in Cryptography (SAC 2016) was held at Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, NL, Canada, on 10–12 August 2016.
The SAC 2016 Proceedings is now available as LNCS 10532 published by Springer.
- Roberto Avanzi, Qualcomm
- Howard Heys, Memorial University of Newfoundland
There are four areas covered at each SAC conference. Three of the areas are permanent:
- design and analysis of symmetric key primitives and cryptosystems, including block and stream ciphers, hash function, MAC algorithms, cryptographic permutations, and authenticated encryption schemes,
- efficient implementations of symmetric and public key algorithms and
- mathematical and algorithmic aspects of applied cryptology.
The special selected topic for SAC 2016 is:
- Side channel, fault and related attacks on symmetric and asymmetric cryptographic primitives and their countermeasures.
SAC Summer School (S3)
Once again this year, the conference will have associated with it, a 2 day summer school preceding the main conference. This year’s theme for the school is “Secure and Efficient Implementation of Cryptographic Algorithms”. Information on the talks and speakers can be found on the S3 page.
|Paper submission deadline|
|Modifications allowed until|
|Notification of decision||28 Jun 2016|
|Pre-proceedings deadline||18 Jul 2016|
|SAC Summer School||8–9 Aug 2016|
|Conference||10–12 Aug 2016|
The Selected Areas in Cryptography (SAC) conference series was initiated in 1994, when the first event was held at Queen’s University in Kingston. The SAC conference has been held annually since 1994 in various Canadian locations, including Burnaby, Calgary, Kingston, Montreal, Ottawa, Sackville, St. Johns, Toronto, Waterloo and Windsor. SAC 2016 is held in co-operation with the International Association for Cryptologic Research (IACR), which is the leading professional organization for cryptographic research. The SAC proceedings are published by Springer in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.
Sponsors and partners
Financial support for SAC 2016 has been graciously provided by:
Permission to use the banner image at the top of this page has been graciously provided by Shaun Killen Photography.