The Teaching Machine and WebWriter++
- Download the June 2018 releases of the Teaching Machine and webWriter++
- Extract all files to a folder (or directory) on your computer.
- Open the index.html file in the top folder (or directory) with a web-browser.
- Follow the instructions there.
All our software is released under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
- The Teaching Machine should run on any java virtual machine that supports version 1.5 of Java and the J2SE version 1.5 libraries.
- WebWriter++ runs on recent versions of Firefox or IE with the Sun Java plug-in, provided the Java plug-in is version 1.5.0 or higher.
- The TM2 Eclipse Plug-in runs on the Galileo and Helios versions of Eclipse.
Course Lecture Notes
These courses are taught in C++. We will add a java course shortly
P1: An Introduction to Programming
an introduction to algorithmic problem solving techniques and computer programming, including basic program control structures (sequence, call, branch, loop) and data representations, functional decomposition, and design by contract. Exercises and examples are drawn from a variety of engineering disciplines and are implemented using a standard modern programming language. P1 Reference Version zipped (As taught at Memorial in Winter 2009 - 77MB, includes videos.)
P2: Advanced Programming
advanced procedural language programming; data structures, user defined types, pointers; modularization techniques, scope and data hiding; object-oriented programming; classes, objects and attributes; data encapsulation, member and non-member functions; overloading, methods and friend functions; inheritance, sub- and super-classes; templates. P2 Reference Version, zipped. (As taught at Memorial in Winter 2008 - 5 MB.)