- Walter Cavanaugh, "Mr. Plastic Fantastic," has 1,196 different valid credit
- The oldest known goldfish lived to 41 years of age. Its name was Fred.
- In 1987, a 1,400-year-old lump of still-edible cheese was unearthed in
- In Kentucky, 50% of the people who get married for the first time are
- If an orangutan belches at you, watch out. He's warning you to stay out of
- Einstein couldn't speak fluently when he was nine. His parents thought he
might be retarded.
- In Los Angeles, there are fewer people than there are automobiles.
- In 1984, a New Jersey man opened a summer camp for Cabbage Patch dolls.
- You're more likely to get stung by a bee on a windy day that in any other
- How can you tell when a gorilla is angry? It sticks its tongue out.
- In 1976, a Los Angeles secretary formally married her 50-pound pet rock.
- In 1980, the Yellow Pages accidentally listed a Texas funeral home under
- 1,200 college students streaked at the same time in Boulder, CO in 1974.
- In 1983, a Japanese artist made a copy of the Mona Lisa completely out of
- In the early '80s, a toad was discovered that meows instead of croaking.
- In 1984, a Canadian farmer began renting ad space on his cows.
- About 96% of all American children can recognize Ronald McDonald.
- An average person laughs about 15 times a day.
- Research indicates that mosquitoes are attracted to people who have
recently eaten bananas.
- Penguins can jump as high as 6 feet in the air.
- The most money ever paid for a cow in an auction was $1.3 million.
- The average person is about a quarter of an inch taller at night.
- A sneeze zooms out of your mouth at over 600 m.p.h.
- The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000
- Watch out for flying hockey pucks - they travel at up to 100 mph.
- 98% of American drivers think they drive better than anyone else.
- When he's feeling amorous, the male sea otter grabs the female's nose with
- In 1681, the last dodo bird died.
- A Saudi Arabian woman can get a divorce if her husband doesn't give her
- The Neanderthal's brain was bigger than yours is.
- Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
- The average bank teller loses about $250 every year.
- Howdy Doody had 48 freckles.
- What color was Christopher Columbus's hair? Blonde.
- In 1980, there was only one country in the world with no telephones -
- The most extras ever used in a movie was 300,000, for the film Gandhi in
- Every person has a unique tongue print.
- Your right lung takes in more air than your left one does.
- Women's hearts beat faster than men's.
- When Bugs Bunny first appeared in 1935, he was called Happy Rabbit.
- Pollsters say that 40% of dog and cat owners carry pictures of the pets in
- Bubble gum contains rubber.
- You can only smell 1/20th as well as a dog.
- In high school, Robin Williams was voted "Least Likely to Succeed."
- Only 55% of all Americans know that the sun is a star.
- The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in Jello.
- The sex organ on a male spider is located at the end of one of its legs.
- Even if you cut off a cockroach's head, it can live for several weeks.
- Chicken soup was considered an aphrodisiac in the Middle Ages.
- Most American car horns honk in the key of F.
- The world population of chickens is about equal to the number of people.
- Every time Beethoven sat down to write music, he poured ice water over his
- In 75% of American households, women manage the money and pay the bills.
- A monkey was once tried and convicted for smoking a cigarette in South Bend,
- About 70% of Americans who go to college do it just to make more money. [The
rest of us are avoiding reality for four more years.]
- It's against the law to catch fish with your bare hands in Kansas.
- Someone paid $14,000 for the bra Marilyn Monroe wore in Some Like It Hot.
- Some toothpastes contain antifreeze.
- Sigmund Freud had a morbid fear of ferns.
- Millie the White House dog earned more than 4 times as much as Pres. Bush in
- Bird droppings are the chief export of Nauru, an island nation in the
- There are more plastic flamingos in America than real ones. [And most of
them are in Parma!]
- Most lipstick contains fish scales.
- Lee Harvey Oswald's cadaver tag sold at an auction for $6,600 in 1992.
- Mosquitos have teeth.
- Spotted skunks do handstands before they spray.
- Hypnotism is banned by public schools in San Diego.
- The three best-known western names in China: Jesus Christ, Richard Nixon,
and Elvis Presley.
- When snakes are born with two heads, they fight each other for food.
- Most cows give more milk when they listen to music.
- Captain Kangaroo won five Emmy awards.
- 27% of U.S. male college students believe life is "a meaningless existential
- In 1980, a Las Vegas hospital suspended workers for betting on when patients
- Aztec emperor Montezuma had a nephew, Cuitlahac, whose name meant "plenty of
- Thomas Edison was afraid of the dark.
- "Kemo Sabe" means "soggy shrub" in Navajo.