This list is for my own use, to keep track of things I'd like to have, but
I'm not planning to buy right away. It is also a service to friends and family
who occasionally give me gifts (but I don't expect anybody to give me some of
the more expensive items here). I don't intend for anybody to abandon a good
gift idea just because it isn't on this list, and of course, I never want
anybody to feel obligated to give anything at all. The list is merely a
convenience; a source of ideas. I'll try to keep it up to date as best I
- Mini-refrigerator (well, I probably don't need this for now)
- Good rain gear
- Casual shoes (coordinate with Khakis etc)
- Shirts, Ties, casual sweaters, etc
- Cable tester - Miles ACT-1
- Acoustics by
Leo Beranek available in the US from the ASA for $33 USD.
- Good DMM - Fluke
189 This is a cadillac DMM, but highly recommended by audio consultants
and professionals for comprehensive features including true RMS and peak
readings over more than the entire audio band (flat up to about 50 kHz
according to one person).
Acoustics by David Egan. The amazon link gives a commission to churchsoundcheck.com, our
favorite promoter of technical excellence in churches.
- a good parametric EQ or three for my own little gig rack.
- Party games such as Mad Gab, Taboo, etc.
- A drum stick bag
- Drum sticks. 5A or 7A, wood tip, if you please.
- See the bottom of my books page for wanted
- See my music page for a list of albums I'd
like to have.
- Cheap digital camera (at least 640x480 resolution and really
- DVD-ROM drive $60
- A second monitor - KDS VS-7p preferred (about $170 CAD)
- Silent CPU cooler (Zalman flower cooler - see quietpc.ca) $100
- Silent 300W+ PS $150
- Two 19" monitors $500
- Good digital camera - 3+ megapixel maybe?