Public Safety Aspects of Software Engineering
Lecturer: Dennis Peters
Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2003
| Links | References
Here is a draft (i.e., what I used last
year) of my presentation slides in printable "pdf"
format. It's printed 3-to-a-page with some room for your own note taking.
If you need information about the file formats, or instructions
for downloading them check here.
Nancy Leveson's Homepage
- The author of "Safeware". You can download a copy of the Therac-25 report
Peter Neumann's Homepage
- The author of "Computer-Related Risks". Links to other related info. In
particular you may find his
Risks to the Public in the Use of Computer Systems and Related
Technology to contain useful case studies.
- Risks Forum
- Archives of moderated newsgroup for discussing computer-related risks
to the public.
Here are some books that you might find useful.
- N.G. Leveson, Safeware:
System Safety and Computers, Addison-Wesley, 1995.
- A study of computers and safety from a system point of view. Included
appendicies giving detailed discussions of some particular failures.
- Peter G. Neumann,
- A large collection of information about where computers have failed.
back to Dennis Peters' homepage
Fri 2003.09.26 at 11:03 NDT
by Dennis Peters