Marine and freshwater are essential components of the earth’s hydrosphere and their protection have been one of the most critical and challenging tasks for all the involved researchers, engineers and decision makers at a global scale. Within a global changing context, effective protection and management of water environments demand continuously improved knowledge and technologies, sound decisions and practices, and benign legal and socio-economic environments.
The iMFE2014 intends to provide a unique international platform for exchange of ideas and experiences amongst researchers, practitioners and regulators in the field. Through this 3-day event, they can discuss and appreciate of various aspects involved in the protection of freshwater and marine environments as well as sustainable development of natural resources (water, oil & gas, mineral, etc.). A broad range of topics will be covered such as marine protection, water management, oil spill responses, infrastructure sustainability, resources development, and policy making. Particularly the associated challenges and opportunities under harsh environmental conditions will be explored.
The scope of the conference includes, but is not limited to the following major topics:
- Ocean Observation and Pollution Mitigation
- Water Safety and Public Health
- Marine Oil Spill Response
- Oil Contamination and Remediation
- Environmental and Marine Biotechnology
- Water and Wastewater Treatment and Utility Management
- Environmental Modeling, Risk Assessment and Decision Making
- Watersheds, Wetlands and Estuaries Management
- Environmental and Infrastructure Sustainability
- Marine Resource Management and Sustainable Development
- Climate Change, Energy Systems and Emission Reduction